Cog Icon signifying link to Admin page

Rhu & Shandon Community Council

Hemlock Water Droplet

Added on 12 March 2017


I have had a report that this plant, called by some "the most poisonous plant in Britain" has been seen on the shore near Helensburgh Sailing Club. All parts of this plant are poisonous.

This plant can easily be confused with other members of the same family which have feathery leaves and cream parsnip-like roots, but dog walkers should beware and avoid any similar looking plants. All parts of Hemlock Water Droplet are poisonous.

I have updated the website and included a definitive test, not to be undertaken unless wearing gloves.