Rhu & Shandon Community Council
The Community Council acts as your voice to
- Argyll & Bute Council
- HM Naval Base
- other public bodies.
The regulations govering the operation of Community Councils are contained in the following documents:The effective date of adoption of the Scheme: 26th April 2018 (duly amended on 22nd February 2022 to incorporate provision for remote and hybrid meetings) and Best Practice Agreement. . In March 2018, A&B published a handbook for Community Councillors to supplement the information in the Scheme for the Establishment of Community Councils and Best Practice Guidance.
Under normal conditions, meetings, open to the public:
- take place at 7.30pm in Rhu Village Hall
- agenda and minutes are posted in
- Rhu Village Hall
- on this website.
Due to Covid Restrictions, face to face meetings were suspended in April 2020.
In addition to the 12 members of the Community Council, the following are invited to attend
- the three Councillors for Lomond North
- a representative of Police Scotland reports on local crimes:
- phone: 101 for Helensburgh Office
- email: Roddy.Macneill@scotland.pnn.police.uk
- Remember 999 should only be used in an emergency.
- an MOD representative who reports on Faslane activities.
Our aim is to represent the views of the community.
If you have an issue you would like us to consider, you can
- use the FEEDBACK page if this website
- contact a member of the Council
- or better still, join a meeting
Community Council Meetings:
- August 10th 2022
- October 12th 2022
- December 14th 2022
- February 9th 2023
- April 13th 2023
- AGM June 8th 2023
- Regular Meeting June 8th 2023 immediately following AGM
Please contact the Secretary or Convener if you would like to bring to the attention of the Council.
Webpages created for Community Councils
- By Argyll and Bute
- feedback on the content of this page to
- By the Scottish Government http://www.communitycouncils.scot
- feedback on the content of this site to