The Community Council acts as your voice to
- Argyll & Bute Council
- HM Naval Base
- other public bodies.
The regulations govering the operation of Community Councils are contained in the following documents:
- Current Scheme: Adopted in April 2018 and amended on 22nd February 2022 to incorporate provision for remote and hybrid meetings and
- Best Practice Agreement.
There is also a handbook for Community Councillors, published by A& B in March 2018 as a supplement the above information.
Under normal conditions, meetings, open to the public:
- take place at 7.30pm in Rhu Village Hall
- agenda and minutes are posted in
- Rhu Village Hall
- on this website.
In addition to the members of the Community Council, the following are invited to attend
- the three Councillors for Lomond North
- a representative of Police Scotland reports on local crimes:
- phone: 101 for Helensburgh Office
- email: Andrew.Barron@scotland.pnn.police.uk
- an MOD representative who reports on Faslane activities.
Our aim is to represent the views of the community.
If you have an issue you would like us to consider, you can
Meetings will for the year 2022-2023 be held at 7.30 pm on:
- August 10th 2022:(held in Church Hall)
- October 12th 2022:(held in Church Hall)
- December 14th 2022: Rhu Village Hall
- February 8th 2023: Rhu Village Hall
- April 13th 2023 : Rhu Village Hall
- AGM June 8th 2023: Rhu Village Hall
- Regular Meeting June 8th 2023 immediately following AGM
Webpages created for Community Councils
- By Argyll and Bute
- feedback on the content of this page to email@example.com.
- By the Scottish Government http://www.communitycouncils.scot
- feedback on the content of this site to firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is also an independent website which has two associated Facebook pages, one for Community Councillors which is very active and another for anyone interested in the work of Community Councils. You can sign up to these from the independent website link above.