A NEWS page, where the latest items will appear, and a CALENDAR. We recommend you check the News page regularly, since hot news will appear here first. Information will still be sent out by email, but will usually appear earlier on the NEWS page.The Home page has become a more traditional Home page so that anyone landing here from a search engine will be able to see at a glance what we are all about!
You can see the titles of pages on the site from the site map at the bottom of each page. Clicking on the title takes you directly to the page
The Community Council acts as your voice to
- Argyll and Bute Council
- H.M Naval Base
- other public bodies.
The regulations govering the operation of Community Councils are contained in the following documents:Revised Scheme 2018 and Best Practice Agreement. In February 2021 a Temporary Departure from the Scheme was approved by the Council's Continuity Committee.
In March 2018, A&B published an handbook for Community Councillors to supplement the information in the Scheme for the Establishment of Community Councils and Best Practice Guidance
Under normal conditions, meetings, open to the public:
- take place at 7.30pm in Rhu Village Hall
- agenda and minutes are posted in
- Rhu Village Hall
- on this website.
Due to Covid Restrictions, face to face meetings were suspended in April 2020.
In addition to the 12 members of the Community Council, the following usually attend
- the two Councillors for Lomond North - one vacancy: election Dec 16th 2021
- a representative of Police Scotland reports on local crimes:
- phone: 101 for Helensburgh Office
- email: Roddy.Macneil@scotland.pnn.police.uk
- Remember 999 should only be used in an emergency.
- an MOD representative reports on Faslane activities.
Our aim is to represent the views of the community.
If you have an issue you would like us to consider, you can
- use the FEEDBACK page if this website
- contact a member of the Council
- or better still, join a meeting
Community Council Meetings: (by zoom)
- Regular meeting September 29th 2021
- AGM-December 15th 2021 at 7.15pm
- Regular meeting December 15th 2021at 7.30pm
Please contact the Secretary or Convener if you would like to bring to the attention of the Council.
Webpages created for Community Councils
- By Argyll and Bute
- feedback on the content of this page to
- By the Scottish Government http://www.communitycouncils.scot
- feedback on the content of this site to
- There is also an independent website which has two associated Facebook pages, one for Community Councillors which is very active and another for anyone interested in the work of Community Councils. You can sign up to these from the independent website link above.