The Community Council acts as your voice to
- Argyll & Bute Council
- HM Naval Base
- other public bodies.
The regulations govering the operation of Community Councils are contained in the following documents:
There is also a handbook for Community Councillors, published by A& B in March 2018 as a supplement the above information.
These documents and other useful information can be found on the Community Councils page of the Arfyll and Bute website.
Under normal conditions, meetings, open to the public:
- take place in Rhu Village Hall
- agenda and minutes are posted in
- Rhu Village Hall
- on this website.
In addition to the members of the Community Council, the following are invited to attend
- the three Councillors for Lomond North
- a representative of Police Scotland reports on local crimes:
- phone: 101 for Helensburgh Office
- email: Andrew.Barron@scotland.pnn.police.uk
- an MOD representative who reports on Faslane activities.
Our aim is to represent the views of the community.
If you have an issue you would like us to consider, you can
Meetings for the year 2022-2023 be held at 7pm or 7.30 pm on:
- August 9th 2023 at 7pm
- October 11th 2023
- December 13 2023
- February 14th 2024
- April 10th 2024
- AGM June 12th 2024: Rhu Village Hall- Start time 7pm.
- Regular Meeting June 12th 2024 immediately following AGM
Webpages created for Community Councils
- By Argyll and Bute
- feedback on the content of this page to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By the Scottish Government http://www.communitycouncils.scot
- feedback on the content of this site to email@example.com
- There is also an independent website which has two associated Facebook pages, one for Community Councillors which is very active and another for anyone interested in the work of Community Councils. You can sign up to these from the independent website link above.