A NEWS page, where the latest items will appear, and a CALENDAR. We recommend you check the News page regularly, since hot news will appear here first. Information will still be sent out by email, but will usually appear earlier on the NEWS page.The Home page has become a more traditional Home page so that anyone landing here from a search engine will be able to see at a glance what we are all about!
The Community Council acts as your voice to
- Argyll and Bute Council
- H.M Naval Base
- other public bodies.
In March 2018, A&B published an handbook for Community Councillors to supplement the information in the Scheme for the Establishment of Community Councils and Best Practice Guidance
Meetings, open to the public:
- take place at 7.30pm in Rhu Village Hall
- agenda and minutes are posted in
- Rhu PO
- Rhu Village Hall
- on this website.
In addition to the 12 members of the Community Council, the following usually attend
- the three Councillors for Lomond North
- a representative of Police Scotland reports on local crimes:
- phone: 101 for Helensburgh Office
- email: Allan.Kirk@scotland.pnn.police.uk
- Remember 999 should only be used in an emergency.
- an MOD representative reports on Faslane activities.
Our aim is to represent the views of the community.
If you have an issue you would like us to consider, you can
- use the FEEDBACK page if this website
- contact a member of the Council
- or better still, come along to a meeting
Community Council Meetings: (in Rhu Hall unless stated)
- August 21st 2019
- October 9th 2019
- December 11th 2019
- February 12th 2020
- April 8th 2020
- June 10th 2020, immediately following the AGM.
Webpages created for Community Councils
- By Argyll and Bute
- feedback on the content of this page to
- By the Scottish Government http://www.communitycouncils.scot
- feedback on the content of this site to
- There is also an independent website which has two associated Facebook pages, one for Community Councillors which is very active and another for anyone interested in the work of Community Councils. You can sign up to these from the independent website link above.