Covid-19 Testing in Helensburgh
Added on 11 September 2020
NHS Highland have provided information about the two Mobile Testing Units(MTI) which will operate in Argyll and Bute. They supplied two posters with overlapping information, one entitled Map of Testing Locations and the other showing the Testing Schedule. Click on the links above to see the posters. They were provided in pdf format so it is not possible to display them in full on the website.
This is a summary of the advice.
- Adults and children with symptoms of Covid-19 should be tested as soon as possible and within 5 days of symptoms appearing. These symptoms include a new and persistent cough; a high temperature; or a change in ability to taste/smell.
- They should book a test (it is best to do this after 7pm for next day locations) by clicking on the external link below.
- Anyone without internet access or unable to travel to a testing centre should call NHS 24 on 0800 028 2816 to book a test.
- Symptomatic people and household members must self-isolate until tested.
- If result is negative, your temperature has been normal for 48 hours, and no-one else in your household has symptoms, you no longer need to self-isolate (this does not apply if you have had contact with a confirmed case).
- If the result is positive then you should self-isolate for the remainder of 10 days from the onset of symptoms and the rest of your household should self-isolate for the remainder of 14 days from the date of onset of your symptoms
- Household members should get tested if they develop symptoms or if advised to by NHS Highland’s Health Protection Team.
Location of the MTI. I assume the precise location will be divulged when you report your symptoms at the external link below.
- There is also a testing station at Glasgow Airport.