Church Activities in November
Added at 21:23 on 26 October 2023
Sunday services will start at 11am – please join us – you will be most welcome.
Services will be led by the Worship Team,
Tea and Coffee in the Church Hall after the service
Below are some of the events on at the church in November – everyone is very welcome
to come and join in – these events are not just for the congregation....
- Sunday 5th November - Communion Service led by Rev Tina Kemp
- Saturday 11th November, Art Exhibition and Craft Sale 10.00 – 3.00, Paintings will be on display and for sale and stalls will be selling a variety of goods: crochet work, Christmas crafts, knitted goods, calendars, bunting, speciality teas, candles, jewellery etc. Teas, coffees and home baking
- Sunday 12th November – Remembrance Service - 10.30, Rhu Village Green for laying of Poppy Wreaths at Rhu War Memorial, 10.50 at church so the two-minute silence at 11.00 can be observed. 12 noon, Shandon, for laying Poppy Wreaths at Shandon War Memorial
- Sunday 12th November – Art Exhibition - 2.00 – 4.00 Paintings will be on display and for sale
- Saturday 18th November – Church Ground and Village Green work, 10.00 – 12.00 Once again come and help us battle the ivy!!! We are trying to save the cherry trees on the green and clear the graveyard of ivy and brambles! (with teas and coffees and maybe home baking to keep us going).
- Sunday 19th November – St Margaret’s Day Service 11.00 at the church
- Monday 20th November - Community Club, 2.00 to 3.30 Come and join us for a cheery cup of tea, home baking – all about crafts! Come along and make a handmade Christmas card or two (all materials and help provided)
- Friday 17th November - Men's Den, 2.00 to 3.30 Our regular monthly Men's Den meets on the 3rd Friday of each month in Rhu & Shandon Church Hall. All men will receive a warm welcome, and of course tea/coffee. For more information contact Charlie on 07554450231
- Tuesdays 7th, 14th, 21st and 28th November - Knit and Natter, 2.00 - 4.00 in the Blue Room. Knit and Natter has started again and will meet on every Tuesday afternoon till further notice. Drop in anytime between 2 and 4pm - not limited to knitters .... come along with your knitting/crochet/needlework or just come and have a cup of tea/coffee and a chat. For more information contact Lyn on 07891012122
- Thursdays 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd and 30th November - Rhukulele Group, 3.30 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Sunday 26th November – Shandon Foodbank, 1.00 – 2.00 Ardgare slip road