Cog Icon signifying link to Admin page

Rhu & Shandon Community Council

Burst Water main

Added on 01 March 2020

There is a burst in the Water main which supplies properties in all of Shandon and as far as the RNCYC in Rhu.

 Scottish Water says that here are several burst water mains in the Area and they have been working for several days to repair these.

 You can get updates by phoning 08000778778
 or by checking the SW website 

[put in your postcode, update the map and then click on the S  on the map]

 SW have been supplying extra water to the mains via tankers but you may experience a reduction in pressure and in some cases discoloured water.

At present the only water collection point is at Whistlefield, but more will be provided if SW think they are needed. I assume this means that Garelochhead are affected as well.

Please tell your neighbours, particularly any vulnerable folk. The higher up the hill you are, the worse it is.