19 October 2020
Fire and smoke alarms: changes to the law
Announced Today - Year's delay in implementing this!
The standard requires:
- one smoke alarm installed in the room most frequently used for general daytime living purposes
- one smoke alarm in every circulation space on each storey, such as hallways and landings
- one heat alarm installed in every kitchen
- All alarms should be ceiling mounted and interlinked.
- Carbon Monoxide detectors should be fitted where there is a fuel burning appliance (such as boilers, fires (including open fires) and heaters) or a flue. These do not need to be linked to the fire alarms.
The external link below gives more details.
More information will be posted as it becomes available, but be aware that the industry is already leafleting in the area.