Do you have some Local News that you would like on this web page?
If so, drop us a line by using our FEEDBACK page, you can even include a small picture (.jpeg under 2 mb).
For information about living and working in Argyll and Bute go to www.abplace2b.scot
- Argyll and Bute Community Planning Partnership, cpp, issue a periodic Bulletin. There is often overlap with the weekly newsletter.
- Clyde Marine Planning Partnership now have a website.
- There are links to Health Related Matters is a section of the links page of this website. Matters of note will warrant a News Item!
- If you would like to receive our periodic newsletter, send us your email address via the FEEDBACK page of this website.
26 April 2020Garden Bonfires
A&B Environmental Health have published a leaflet giving advice on Home Bonfires.
The burning of waste, particularly in built-up area can cause a nuisance.
Please be considerate and only burn if you have to . Home compost what you can.
The advice is, if you have to have a fire
Do not burn before 6pm and make sure that the smoke does not cause a nuisance to your neighbours.
If a bonfire is causing a nuisance to neighbours then action can be taken under Section 80 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990. The Council can serve an abatement notice requiring the bonfire to be put out and preventing bonfires in the future.
Failure to comply with the abatement notice is an offence carrying a maximum fine of £5,000.
Environmental Health will investigate nuisance complaints in relation to bonfires.
You can contact them
- by telephone on 01546 605519 or
- by email at firstname.lastname@example.org