Skip to Main Content
Rural Watch Scheme
- The Rural Watch messaging platform is designed to allow Police and information providers to circulate information which will allow residents to increase their resilience to crime and local incident.
- The messages are designed to raise awareness of on- going scams, bogus telephone online and doorstep callers, weather or environmental concerns to name but a few.
- Much of the content of these messages may not appear in local media.
- The Rural Watch and Rural Watch Alert Platform is undergoing some dramatic improvements to the public sign up page, which hyperlinked here: http://www.ruralwatchscotland.co.uk/
- For more information on how to sign up click here.
- Potential recipients can sign up to receive alerts only, or if they are able or wish to, create their own localised Rural Watch or Neighbourhood Watch.
- The Lomond North Rural Watch which Police Scotland and MDP operate in partnership within this area is available to select from a drop-down list near the end of the sign-up process.
- Any routine or emergency requests should continue to be made through Telephone numbers 101 or
999 dependant on circumstances. Crime should also continue to be reported in this
- Many of our community are already signed up following a meeting held in May 2017 by the Community Engagement Officer for NW Scotland, Willie Clark and Willie Lavery MoD.