A NEWS page, where the latest items will appear, and a CALENDAR. We recommend you check this page regularly, since hot news will appear here first have been added to the website. Information will still be sent out by email, but will usually appear earlier on the NEWS page.The Home page has become a more traditional Home page so that anyone landing here from a search engine will be able to see at a glance what we are all about!
The Community Council acts as your voice to
- Argyll and Bute Council
- H.M Naval Base
- other public bodies.
In February 2017, A&B published an handbook for Community Councillors to supplement the information in the Scheme for the Establishment of Community Councils and Best Practice Guidance
Meetings, open to the public:
- take place at 7.30pm in Rhu Village Hall
- agenda and minutes are posted in
- Rhu PO
- Rhu Village Hall
- on this website.
In addition to the 15 members of the Community Council, the following usually attend
- the three Councillors for Lomond North
- a representative of Police Scotland reports on local crimes:
- phone: 101 for Helensburgh Office
- email: Insp Coleen Wylie:email@example.com
- Remember 999 should only be used in an emergency.
- an MOD representative reports on Faslane activities.
Our aim is to represent the views of the community.
If you have an issue you would like us to consider, you can
- use the FEEDBACK page if this website
- contact a member of the Council
- or better still, come along to a meeting
Community Council Meetings: (in Rhu Hall unless stated)
- August 9th 2017
- October 11th 2017 -
- December 13th 2017
- February 14th 2018
- April 11th 2018
- June 13th 2018, immediately following the AGM.
Webpages created for Community Councils
- By Argyll and Bute
- feedback on the content of this page to
- By the Scottish Government http://www.communitycouncils.scot
- feedback on the content of this site to
- There is also an independent website which has two associated Facebook pages, one for Community Councillors which is very active and another for anyone interested in the work of Community Councils. You can sign up to these from the independent website link above.